Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ok, so I am late to the party.

I have heard of the Pioneeer Woman in passing. How could you belong to any forum and not hear her name come up? But, I would just skim by and go, ok whatever. But the other day, some little voice in my head made me really go check her out and boy, am I glad I did! Not only is her site filled with gorgeous photography and tips but she has some wicked recipes to boot. And her kitchen....all I can say is DUDE! That is my idea of a nirvana. While perusing all the yumminess there, I came across this recipe for Baked Lemon Pasta. O.M.G.!!!! It's is so easy to make and so good! If you like the taste of fresh lemon, this is for you. It only took about 5 minutes to prepare. I did add poached chicken breast to mine to make it more of a meal. Nick and I both scarfed ours down. I really wanted to get seconds but refrained. I had it for breakfast instead...LOL! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Donna May 16, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

I made that the other day, too. It was so yummy! Much richer than you'd expect though. It would be good with shrimp and asparagus.

Erin May 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Lemon is the devils flavour. No wait. That is lime. Lemon is a close second. *grin*

Thanks for the heads up, I too have hear about her in passing but never checked her out. Off to do so. Might not be good for my wedding dress diet if there is yummy stuff though....

Tina L. May 29, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

I'm glad you found the Pioneer Woman site! She is awesome and her recipes are too. Try her olive cheese bread! I think I'll try this on the weekend. I will try half fat- free sour cream and half regular because the husband is on Weight Watchers. I have used fat-free sour cream a lot to cook with and it work good. It's not like the nasty fat-free mayonnaise.
P.S. Just bought your Topiary kit and am downloading it right now!