I usually don't post stuff about other DS designers on my personal blog, but this is something I just have to share. SherrieJD is hosting an art journaling class at DeviantScrap, starting November 14. The class is called Countdown 2 Christmas and will cover all things art journaling - digi and paper. There will be loads of information and inspiration and Sherrie is including a huge exclusive kit and a $10 coupon to her shop!!! If you sign up right now, while its on sale, its that makes the class almost free!!! How crazy cool it that?!?!? So head over to the shop and sign up HERE!
Love everything about Christmas? Getting in the holiday spirit? Want to document the special season? thought about trying an Art Journal and didn’t know where to start? Then this class is for you!
The Countdown 2 Christmas journaling class will prepare you for documenting the upcoming season with a head start in November.
Are you a digital scrapper only? Do you like to make hybrid projects? Or would you like to get your hands messy? Do you prefer to document everything on your blog? No matter what media used or skill level, this class will be packed with fun, colorful and inspirational information for creating a lifetime keepsake.
For $25.00, (but on sale for $20.00 until November 14) there will be an amazing amount of instruction and a huge dose of inspiration. With the amount of digital goodies included and the coupon to my store, the class practically pays for itself!
What does the class fee get you?
* Access to Exclusive Class Forum for C2C classmates
* Gallery for sharing C2C layouts and journal pages
* C2C Digital Kit ($10.00 value available on Nov. 14)
* Printable Christmas Collage Sheets
* Printable Christmas Planner to help with Organizing all your Holiday Events and shopping needs
* $10 (one-time-use) Coupon to my store, good for one year, provided at time of purchase
November 14 – November 30 (includes 5 lesson plans)
* We will begin with a warm up of two+ weeks of preparation where we will determine our substrate and begin assembling our pages, either digitally or physically.
* Instructions on how to create a hand-bound journal using either printed or hand-painted journal pages.
* Page templates specifically geared towards Art Journaling, which will include hand-drawn overlays made by moi.
* Instructions on how to paint and prep a journal using acrylics and watercolors
December 1 – December 31 (daily participation through Jan 1)
* a writing prompt to help visualize and capture holiday memories, both past and present
* stuck for ideas on what to photograph? a photographic moment suggestion
* word art cluster in same theme as journaling prompt, provided as a .png file
* printable quick page for those that want to print and assemble as we go. These pages will be provided from my own art journal pages prior to my addition of titles, pictures and journaling.
* ideas on incorporating ephemera from our daily holiday schedules
* have a special request? We’ll have a section in the forum for suggestions and requests. We all share different traditions and holidays and I will accommodate as many requests as I can.
Bonus Personal Touch
* For those that provide me high-resolution images (uploaded to my personal box.net account), I will create a PDF “booklet” that can be printed two-sided and bound with a 3-hole pamphlet stitch (instructions will be included). This feature is for those that would really love to participate, but are just overwhelmed by the process of pulling it all together. The PDF can then be saved on CD/DVD and taken to your local print service for printing. This service can be provided during any stage during the process, giving the option of printing before December 1 and allowing the journaling to be done by hand or the option of printing after everything has been completed and the finished journal can be printed at your leisure.
CLASS registration will remain open through December 31. The forums will remain available for a minimum of one year. BUT, we will have a bunch of interaction, inspiration and fun, so the sooner