Monday, August 29, 2011

Woooo Hoooo!!!!!!




This is a serious o.m.g. moment. Look who’s name is gracing the cover of Somerset Digital Studio? Gasp! It’s mine!!! I can’t begin to tell you how good that feels. I have been working so hard for the past few years. Working on my art, my kits, my scrapping and to finally see it all coming together is so rewarding. I am truly honored and humbled by this acknowledgment. A huge thank you to Jana Holstein and all of the other wonderful ladies of Stampington & Co.
I also want to give a big shout out and congratulations to so many of my fellow deviants that are also showcased in this issue.
Fiona Randall aka anubis1
Sabina Pamfili aka Serenity
JoAnn Kinnaird aka joannknnrd
Edeena Cross aka naughtsncrosses
Beth Santos-Guol aka kewl-jive
Rachel Rerko aka stampin_rachel
Jayne Alexander aka peppapig
Melissa Haggit aka MissB
Margaret Lusier aka cmmargaret


Ladies, your artwork is so inspiring. I loved getting to know a little more about each and every one of you. Bravo!!!!


4 comments:

Sue August 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

I just got the issue and thought it was great to see your name on the cover. I think your work and Deviant Scrap are wonderful and am glad there is a place where people can really express themselves!

Eryn August 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

wow congrats Hollie!!

Ann August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Congratulations!!!!

Larry September 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM  

I just picked up this issue (we're a bit slow up here in Canada LOL) and could hardly wait to get it home to read it. You say you are humbled to be featured in the mag -- as a novice to all this, you are inspiring.
I had been buying various Somerset publications and was playing around with various hand made collages but kept getting more and more frustrated. When the Colorsplash kit was featured in the Spring 2011 magazine and I checked out your Deviant Scrap site, I felt at home.
As usual, I blundered my way on to the Deviant Scrap site and set up my Member Gallery. Right from the start you and others like Marsha were supportive and encouraging. It took me a while before the duh hit with Marsha's "Queen of Everything" challenge. It wasn't until then that I clued in that there weren't many guys if any posting images. Perhaps this may be a result of many digital artists starting out scrapbooking while I seem to have jumped right over that step as it never interested me.
I am digressing from my intent to congratulate you on the recent article about you and your art in Somerset Digital Studio.
You, the other great artists and the products you make have made a huge impact on me. Thank you for having the vision to create and manage Deviant Scrap.
Take care,
Larry (LarryJames) Hnetka, Vancouver, BC, Canada